Who is on your male & female OCR Mt. Rushmore?
**THERE ARE NO “RULES” AS TO HOW YOU VOTE”
• Maybe you lean toward the athletes you feel are the most well-rounded over all distances.
• Maybe you lean toward one specific race series and who’s dominated that series or a specific distance (ultra, med/long, or short).
• Maybe you put number of championships at the top of your criteria list.
• Maybe you put longevity at the top of your list.
• Maybe you put number of podiums across a broad spectrum of race brands.
No matter what it takes to meet your personal criteria, we’re excited to see who you feel are the top-4 male & female OCR athletes of all time
We’re a full 10 years in to this obstacle course racing fitness movement. A full decade! This is definitely not an all-inclusive list but long story short, it’s has been an epic 10 years of racing:
• Fast and furious Spartan Stadion (Stadium) Races for appx 6 years and in the last 2 years the competition has grown very deep
• We had a few years of TMX where functional fitness meshed with OCR
• The Spartan National Race Series have been going strong for many years with big focus on Super & Beast distances with a Sprint sprinkled in every now and then (recent Jacksonville race to kick off the 2020 series)
• We’ve had 10 Spartan World Champs which focus on the Beast distance (except for 2011 which was a Super)
• OCRWC is in its 7th year, and since its launch, the competition has been stacked with top-level talent each and every year
• Savage Race has been a competitive main stay in the US for many years now with their mid distance offering
• World’s Toughest Mudder has provided us with an epic 24-hour competition with stacked fields every year, as well as a few years of 8-12-hour Toughest Mudder races
• Spartan kicked off their marathon – 50k distance Ultra Beast (now Ultra) in 2012 and it has been a popular and competitive ultra race distance ever since. With the 2020 Ultra Championships (Killington VT) being announced, the Ultra comp will continue to improve.
• We’re now three years in to the Spartan 24-hour Ultra World Champs which has highlighted many top-level male and female athletes
• Warrior Dash even held a couple World Championships from 2014-2015
• Tougher in Europe and Warrior Race in South Africa has displayed high level talent competing on very challenging courses