Yancy Camp Premier OCR Athlete Association: Kris Mendoza
The Yancy Camp Regional OCR Training Program provides you with the opportunity to team with Coach Yancy and a veteran regional OCR athlete who trains in the Yancy Camp Premier OCR Training Program. The veteran regional OCR athlete you’re teaming with has been teamed with one of Yancy’s premier roster OCR athletes for a significant period of time and has had great success by consistently following Coach Yancy’s OCR workouts. Check out everything below in the “What You Get” section below and we look forward to having you on the team.
- Weekly updated online access to 3 workouts being performed by the OCR athlete you choose to team with, plus 1-2 bonus workouts each week. *All the athletes on the roster are trained by Yancy and all workouts are written in a way that allow them to be easily scaled down if needed.
- OCR specific Fitness & Challenge Testing Program. You’ll complete the Fitness Testing and log your results within the first few weeks after registering and periodically you’ll re-test and log so you can keep track of your improvements. *Challenge Testing can be completed whenever you’d like – invite a friend!
- Scoreboard Program – if you choose, you can mark your Fitness & Challenge results 'Public' and your results will populate to our 'Scoreboard' that can be viewed by yourself and anyone who visits the site. This provides you with the opportunity to see how you compare to other Yancy Camp athletes as well as motivation to stay consistent with your training which will result in improved scores.
- Access to our private Facebook group called – Yancy Camp OCR Athletes & Coaches where you can post nutrition, training, racing, gear, life, and any other questions you might have. Your nutrition questions will be answered by one of our Registered Dietitians who have strong resumes in the world of Sports Performance Nutrition.
- Unlimited Q/A with Yancy through private messaging on his yancyculp@YancyCamp.com email, Yancy Camp or Yancy Culp Facebook page, or @yancyculp Instagram . Yancy spends time every day answering questions that come in. The closed Facebook group and the can be a great place to post general questions for all members to see but if you have private questions you’d like to ask, always feel free to send Yancy a message.
- Pre-Workout Mental Conditioning Video before every workout. Yancy is a big believer in the importance of mental conditioning. Were confident you’ll enjoy this added bonus to help kick start your day.
- Video library that helps describe programmed exercises you may not know how to perform as well as other informational videos.
Our goal with this program is to provide you with an OCR training program that helps you bring more structure to your training so you can maximize your training time as you work toward reaching your goals. Our current members have had great success. They are conquering more obstacles out on course and their running, climbing, heavy carries and all other important aspects in the world of OCR are improving. We’re confident you’ll enjoy the program and the results, and we provide it all for only $29/month.
Your membership is month to month recurring charge, and you can cancel any time without question.
Josh Traver / Yancy Camp Regional OCR Assistant Coach
Hey guys, my name is Josh Traver,
I'm 42 years old, and I'm from Santa Cruz, California. To celebrate my 40th birthday I ran my first Spartan Race in San Jose California in March 2017. After completing the course covered in scrapes, mud, and full of memories! I was hooked!
Knowing very little about how to train for the longer running events I began doing what many do which is run more and lift more (which lead to injuries and recovery) After toughing out my first trifecta in 2017 with very little training direction I finally discovered Yancy Camp in June 2018 and have not looked back since! Post 2018 I have completed an additional Trifecta including completing my first Ultra Beast in the Fall of 2018.
My athletic background is quite varied ranging from mountain biking to soccer seeing as I was new to formal running training it was a natural fit to join up with Yancy Camp. Through the program I've learned proper running mechanics, how to train the various energy systems need to compete, and how to dial in my racing mindset.
In 2019 I've begun racing Age Group and I'm only getting stronger and better! I'd like to encourage you to join this 'average guy' and see just what we can accomplish in the future!
Facebook - joshua.traver
Instagram - @joshua_traver
Twitter - @joshtraver