Yancy Camp Premier OCR Athlete Association: Benni Gifford
The Yancy Camp Regional OCR Training Program provides you with the opportunity to team with Coach Yancy and a veteran regional OCR athlete who trains in the Yancy Camp Premier OCR Training Program. The veteran regional OCR athlete you’re teaming with has been teamed with one of Yancy’s premier roster OCR athletes for a significant period of time and has had great success by consistently following Coach Yancy’s OCR workouts. Check out everything below in the “What You Get” section below and we look forward to having you on the team.
- Weekly updated online access to 3 workouts being performed by the OCR athlete you choose to team with, plus 1-2 bonus workouts each week. *All the athletes on the roster are trained by Yancy and all workouts are written in a way that allow them to be easily scaled down if needed.
- OCR specific Fitness & Challenge Testing Program. You’ll complete the Fitness Testing and log your results within the first few weeks after registering and periodically you’ll re-test and log so you can keep track of your improvements. *Challenge Testing can be completed whenever you’d like – invite a friend!
- Scoreboard Program – if you choose, you can mark your Fitness & Challenge results 'Public' and your results will populate to our 'Scoreboard' that can be viewed by yourself and anyone who visits the site. This provides you with the opportunity to see how you compare to other Yancy Camp athletes as well as motivation to stay consistent with your training which will result in improved scores.
- Access to our private Facebook group called – Yancy Camp OCR Athletes & Coaches where you can post nutrition, training, racing, gear, life, and any other questions you might have. Your nutrition questions will be answered by one of our Registered Dietitians who have strong resumes in the world of Sports Performance Nutrition.
- Unlimited Q/A with Yancy through private messaging on his yancyculp@YancyCamp.com email, Yancy Camp or Yancy Culp Facebook page, or @yancyculp Instagram . Yancy spends time every day answering questions that come in. The closed Facebook group and the can be a great place to post general questions for all members to see but if you have private questions you’d like to ask, always feel free to send Yancy a message.
- Pre-Workout Mental Conditioning Video before every workout. Yancy is a big believer in the importance of mental conditioning. Were confident you’ll enjoy this added bonus to help kick start your day.
- Video library that helps describe programmed exercises you may not know how to perform as well as other informational videos.
Our goal with this program is to provide you with an OCR training program that helps you bring more structure to your training so you can maximize your training time as you work toward reaching your goals. Our current members have had great success. They are conquering more obstacles out on course and their running, climbing, heavy carries and all other important aspects in the world of OCR are improving. We’re confident you’ll enjoy the program and the results, and we provide it all for only $29/month.
Your membership is month to month recurring charge, and you can cancel any time without question.
Aaron Brabson / Yancy Camp Regional OCR Assistant Coach
My name is Aaron and I am 36 years old. I am married with my second child coming any day now. I have been with Yancy since October of 2014 before the first OCR World Championships. I have completed over 75 OCRs with my first one being a local race called the Caveman Crawl in June of 2011. I started out in open waves just glad to finish the race but Eventually I decided to jump in the competitive waves and was hooked. I love how OCR is like a family and how we all encourage each other. I enjoy mixing it up doing Spartan, Savage Race, Conquer the Gauntlet, Warrior Dash, and Bonefrog. I have completed OCRs as short as 3 miles and all the way up to over 30 miles in an Ultra Beast. If you are looking to finish your first OCR, want to step up your game, or just looking to improve your overall fitness YancyCamp is for you.