- Weekly updated online access to 3 workouts being performed by the OCR athlete you choose to team with, plus 1-2 bonus workouts each week. *All the athletes on the roster are trained by Yancy and all workouts are written in a way that allow them to be easily scaled down if needed.
- OCR specific Fitness & Challenge Testing Program. You’ll complete the Fitness Testing and log your results within the first few weeks after registering and periodically you’ll re-test and log so you can keep track of your improvements. *Challenge Testing can be completed whenever you’d like – invite a friend!
- Scoreboard Program – if you choose, you can mark your Fitness & Challenge results “Public” and your results will populate to our “Scoreboard” that can be viewed by yourself and anyone who visits the site. This provides you with the opportunity to see how you compare to other Yancy Camp athletes as well as motivation to stay consistent with your training which will result in improved scores.
- Access to our private Facebook group called – Yancy Camp OCR Athletes & Coaches where you can post nutrition, training, racing, gear, life, and any other questions you might have. Your nutrition questions will be answered by one of our Registered Dietitians who have strong resumes in the world of Sports Performance Nutrition.
- Unlimited Q/A with Yancy through private messaging on his yancyculp@YancyCamp.com email, Yancy Camp or Yancy Culp Facebook page, or @yancyculp Instagram . Yancy spends time every day answering questions that come in. The closed Facebook group and the can be a great place to post general questions for all members to see but if you have private questions you’d like to ask, always feel free to send Yancy a message.
- Video library that helps describe programmed exercises you may not know how to perform as well as other informational videos.
- Our goal with this program is to provide you with an OCR training program that helps you bring more structure to your training so you can maximize your training time as you work toward reaching your goals. Our current members have had great success. They are conquering more obstacles out on course and their running and climbing is continually improving. We’re confident you’ll enjoy the program and the results, and we provide it all for only $29/month.
Your membership is month to month recurring charge, and you can cancel any time without question.
Jack Bauer / Yancy Camp Premier OCR Athlete
Short courses are my focus, as I love running fast and being in the pain cave and strength-based obstacles. I have 4 Spartan podiums (so far) at Stadiums and Sprints, as well as over a dozen other OCR podiums since 2014. I finished 6th in the 2018 Stadium Series and am on the verge of finishing 5th this year. In addition starring on the TV show '24,' you may have seen me compete on 'Spartan: Ultimate Challenge', 'Steve Austin's Broken Skull Challenge,' or the 'Tough Mudder X' championship.
I ran track for the University of New Hampshire from 2007-2009, but I was burned-out from running and spent the next few years playing Ultimate Frisbee, racquetball, and weightlifting instead. I won my first ever obstacle race while at Texas A&M for grad school and thought OCR would be easy. Wrong. I did 120 burpees and finished 64th in my first ever Spartan Race in 2015, then proceeded to DNF at 4 BattleFrog races that year. Fortunately, Yancy reached out to me and transformed me as an athlete, both physically and mentally. I've never been more confident in my fitness than I am now, and Yancy is the main reason why.
At 6 feet 1 inch, 185 lbs, I'm not your stereotypical runner. Fortunately, OCR is the perfect sport for 'bigger' endurance athletes. If you love Stadion Races, shorter races, or don't fit the typical 'skinny runner' build, then join my program and see how quickly you improve.
Over the past year or so, I've has been recognized as 'the OCR stats guy.' My day job is a civil engineer, so I can't help but love numbers. Whether it's breaking down race splits between obstacles, looking at HR data, or grading race performances, I love diving deep into race data.
Anyone who joins my training program will get a special 'statistics package' where I'll analyze your personal race and workout data to help you get the most out of your performance.