- Weekly updated online access to 3 workouts being performed by the OCR athlete you choose to team with, plus 1-2 bonus workouts each week. *All the athletes on the roster are trained by Yancy and all workouts are written in a way that allow them to be easily scaled down if needed.
- OCR specific Fitness & Challenge Testing Program. You’ll complete the Fitness Testing and log your results within the first few weeks after registering and periodically you’ll re-test and log so you can keep track of your improvements. *Challenge Testing can be completed whenever you’d like – invite a friend!
- Scoreboard Program – if you choose, you can mark your Fitness & Challenge results “Public” and your results will populate to our “Scoreboard” that can be viewed by yourself and anyone who visits the site. This provides you with the opportunity to see how you compare to other Yancy Camp athletes as well as motivation to stay consistent with your training which will result in improved scores.
- Access to our private Facebook group called – Yancy Camp OCR Athletes & Coaches where you can post nutrition, training, racing, gear, life, and any other questions you might have. Your nutrition questions will be answered by one of our Registered Dietitians who have strong resumes in the world of Sports Performance Nutrition.
- Unlimited Q/A with Yancy through private messaging on his yancyculp@YancyCamp.com email, Yancy Camp or Yancy Culp Facebook page, or @yancyculp Instagram . Yancy spends time every day answering questions that come in. The closed Facebook group and the can be a great place to post general questions for all members to see but if you have private questions you’d like to ask, always feel free to send Yancy a message.
- Video library that helps describe programmed exercises you may not know how to perform as well as other informational videos.
- Our goal with this program is to provide you with an OCR training program that helps you bring more structure to your training so you can maximize your training time as you work toward reaching your goals. Our current members have had great success. They are conquering more obstacles out on course and their running and climbing is continually improving. We’re confident you’ll enjoy the program and the results, and we provide it all for only $29/month.
Your membership is month to month recurring charge, and you can cancel any time without question.
Chrisa Dustman / Yancy Camp Premier OCR Athlete
I am a Master’s athlete and a married mother of two teenagers. I ran my first elite Spartan race in 2015 at the age of 39, and was honored to be a team leader on the Spartan Ultimate Team Challenge in 2016. I have been grinding it out since then and finished top 25 for US Elite women in 2016, 2017, and 2018 and finished top 10 in both the Elite Stadium and Mountain series in 2018. I was named to the Spartan Pro Roster in 2019.
Obstacles are my favorite part of racing and the running is something I struggle with. Early on I realized that my real strength was in the grip obstacles and began to race Elite in Savage, Battlefrog, Terrain, and Bonefrog races with great success. I typically run 20-30 obstacle races a year which is a much higher volume than most of the pros but I race often because I enjoy it so much. I realize that I would perform better if I set long training blocks between races but I love seeing my race friends and meeting new ones each weekend. My family has been drawn into the sport and now the sport has pulled me into its family as well. I want people to know that it is never too late to start something new and that you can still make gains, improve fitness, and be competitive over 40.
I grew up playing sports, I started soccer at the age of 5 and continued through HS where I picked up lacrosse. I played 2 years of lacrosse at The College of NJ (DIII Championship 1995,96) and 2 years playing on an amateur women’s soccer team across the river in Philly. I also jumped on the college track team for a single season in my junior year specializing in the 800m. I gave up sports my senior year due to my school and work load becoming too much. I got married at the age of 22 and spent 3 more years working part-time and going to graduate school to earn my Masters in Physical Therapy. I had 2 children and I wasn’t active for close to 15 years. In 2011 I ran a local obstacle race and I loved it. I looked around for more but was intimidated by Tough Mudder and Spartan Race. I started to do some running on my own, only 1-2 miles a few days a week and joined a gym. I ran my first Spartan race in 2014, it was an open heat sprint. I waited until 2015 to do my next Spartan and ran elite for the first time. In the past 4 1/2 years I have run in Spartan, Savage, BattleFrog, Bonefrog, Terrain, Tougher Mudder, Tough Mudder X, OCRWC, NorAm, Rugged Maniac, Warrior Dash, and Goliathon events. I have earned over 25 top 3 podiums and 50 Masters podiums in that time.
Since I am not a natural runner and get bored easily I love how Coach Yancy devises new and unique ways to train every week. I enjoy running the short sprints just as much as the long mountain races so my program incorporates short and long distances to improve both speed and endurance. It also includes grip and overall conditioning exercises to build strength and power for a variety of race types and obstacles. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!