Coach Dakota Rager and Yancy have joined forces to create a complete functional fitness training program. This program will help take your fitness to the next level. Dakota is one of the most fit humans on the planet.
Your monthly membership includes:
- Weekly updated online access to 3 workouts programmed by Dakota Rager, plus bonus workouts. All the workouts you have access to are workouts Dakota is programming for himself in prep for all his CrossFit & OCR competitions. See behind the scenes how an elite CrossFit athlete trains. All workouts are written in a way that allow you to easily scale them down to meet your fitness level. Dakota finished 22nd at the 2017 CrossFit Games, 2nd at the 2018 Wodapalooza, 1st in the world for the Open Workout 18.3, and finished 3rd at Tough Mudder TMX Championships – see bio for full competition resume. Are you ready to take your functional fitness strength training and metabolic conditioning to a new level?
- Fitness & Challenge Testing Program. After registering you’ll complete fitness tests programmed by Dakota and log your results in your online Yancy Camp fitness test tracking system. Anytime you re-test you’ll log your new results so you can keep track of your progression over time. *Challenge Testing can be completed whenever you’d like – invite a friend!
- Scoreboard Program – if you choose, you can mark your Fitness & Challenge results “Public” your results will populate to our “Scoreboard” that can be viewed by yourself and anyone who visits the site. This provides you with the opportunity to see how you compare to other athletes as well as motivation to stay consistent with your training which will result in improved scores.
- Access to our private Facebook group called – Yancy Camp Athletes & Coaches where you can post training, racing, competition, nutrition, gear, life, and any other questions you might have. Your nutrition questions will be answered by one of our Registered Dietitians who have strong resumes in the world of Sports Performance Nutrition.
- Unlimited Q/A with Dakota and Yancy through private messaging on Dakota or Yancy’s Instagram @ragerdakota, @yancyculp, @yancycampofficial, Facebook @YancyCamp, or by email – DakotaRager@YancyCamp.com / YancyCulp@YancyCamp.com email. The closed Facebook group is a great place to post general questions for all members to see but if you have private questions you’d like to ask, always feel free to send Yancy or Dakota a message.
- Video library that will provide visuals for programmed exercises.
- Our goal with this program is to provide you with a functional fitness training program provided by an Elite level CrossFit Athlete/Coach that helps you bring more structure to your training. Training time is precious and maximizing your time to help you reach your goals is our goal! If you’re a CrossFit or OCR athlete looking to take your strength training to the next level or anyone looking to improve your fitness, this program is for you! We’re confident you’ll enjoy the program and the results, and we provide it all for only $29/month.
Your membership is month to month recurring charge with no contract, and you can cancel any time without question.
Coach Rager's Functional Fitness Tests
AMRAP: Burpees in 5 rounds of 1:00 on/1:00 rest format
(will take 9:00 total)
Score: Total number of burpees completed in all five rounds
Standards: Must start at a normal standing position, lie on the floor so that chest and thighs come into contact with the ground at the same time, finish at the top with a small jump accompanied by the hands touching above or behind the head. (Preferred that both feet move together during the up and down movements, but if you’re able to maintain this level yet, just keep it in mind and realize you need to work toward this standard.)
5 rounds - Run 400 meters (1/4 mile), 18 devil’s press, 18 hand release push-ups.
Score: Time to complete the 5 round workout.
Run using a known distance, such as a 400m track, marked route, or treadmill.
For the devil’s press, start with the dumbbells on the floor and finish with both dumbbells locked out overhead in one single motion, no clean and jerk permitted. Returning them to the floor after each rep.
For the hand release push-ups start from a plank position, drop down to the ground until the chest touches the ground, and finish the rep back in plank position with elbows locked out.
Weights: 35lb dumbbells for males, 20lb dumbbells for women.
Row 1000 meters, 50 wall balls
Score: Time to complete the workout
Row using a Concept 2 rower.
For wall balls use a suitable ball for throwing and dropping. Hold the ball in front of the face and pass below parallel in a squat at the start of the movement. Finish the movement with the ball contacting the wall at the designated mark (10 feet for men and 9 feet for women).
Weights: 20lb ball for men/ 14lb ball for women.
Score – Time to complete the workout
21 Dumbbell Snatch
21 Squats with dumbbell
15 Dumbbell Snatch
15 Squats with Dumbbell
9 Dumbbell Snatch
9 Squats with Dumbbell
Score: Time to complete workout
For the snatch, the dumbbell must go from the ground to overhead in one fluid motion (no stopping at the shoulder or pressing the dumbbell). The dumbbell must return to the ground after every repetition of snatch with both heads of the dumbbell touching the ground simultaneously before starting the next repetition. The dumbbell finishes the rep in a fully locked out position (knees, hips, shoulders, and elbows all fully extended), with the dumbbell supported over the top of the body.
For the squats you will hold the dumbbell in front of your body in a traditional “Goblet Squat” technique. Dumbbell must be held in front of the chest and both hands remain on the dumbbell. Start at a fully standing position and squat to below parallel and finish standing tall again with the legs and hips fully extended.
Weights: Men use a 50 lb dumbbell and women use a 35 lb dumbbell.
Dakota Rager / Coach of Yancy Camp Functional Fitness Training
Dakota Rager enlisted in the United States Army at the age of 17. His chosen specialty was Engineer Diver. He spent 7 years in the Army all the while performing as a U.S. Army Deep Sea Diver. He married his wife, and high school sweetheart, Ashley in 2010.
Dakota Rager has been active in CrossFit since January 2013. He competed for the first time in the open just two short months after beginning CrossFit. He missed Regionals in 2014 due to deployment with the Army. His accomplishments include:
*2015 Fittest man in Hawaii
*2015 7th Place-Northern California Open
*2015 13th Place-California Regional
*2016 Fittest Man in Hawaii
*2016 1st Place-Northern California Open
*2016 2nd Place-California Regional (Team Competition – CrossFit 808)
*2016 24th Place-Reebok CrossFit Games (Team Competition – CrossFit 808)
*2017 6th Place-South West Open
*2017 2nd Place-South Regional
*2017 22nd Place-Reebok CrossFit Games
*2018 2nd Place-Wodapalooza
*2018 3rd Place-Tough Mudder X
*2018 1st place in the world on Open Workout 18.3
Dakota has been coaching since 2014:
2014-2016-Part time coach: CrossFit 808, Honolulu, HI
2016-2017-Part time coach: CutThroat CrossFit, Denver, CO
2017-2018-Affiliate manager: Sea Monkey CrossFit, Uhrichsville, OH
2018-Present-Part time coach: Coordinate CrossFit